A man found dead in north-west London was killed in a drive-by shooting, police said.
The 24-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound in Malden Road, Kentish Town, late on Sunday.
CCTV revealed two people on a moped had pulled up to the victim, pulled out a gun and fired at close range. The man died at the scene.
An eyewitness described how he tried to perform CPR on the man with the help of a 999 operator.
Will, who did not want to give his full name, said: “There were a number of people around him when I got down there, but nobody was doing anything.
“With the aid of the operator on the phone, I performed CPR. But I think he was already dead then.”
Officers said they were keen to trace people who had been in a Toyota Prius, a Ford Focus and a motorbike in the area at the time.
The man’s next of kin have been informed and post-mortem tests are due to be held on Tuesday, police said.
Det Ch Insp Simon Stancombe, from the Met Police, said: “Everything we have found out so far points to this being a drive-by shooting.”
He urged eyewitnesses or anyone with dashcam footage to contact the force.
The killing was the second fatal shooting in less than 12 hours in London.
A man in his 20s was shot dead in Sydenham, south-east London, on Sunday afternoon.
A former child refugee trying to track down a camp worker who bought her a bike has been inundated with offers to help trace him.
Mevan Babbakar, 29, lived in a refugee camp near Zwolle in the Netherlands for five years during the 1990s.
She posted a photo on Twitter of the “generous man” who bought her a bike “out of the kindness of his own heart” asking for help to find him.
Within 30 minutes of posting more than 100 people had retweeted the message.
Hundreds more have since offered to help, with one person claiming to know who he is.
Ms Babakar and her parents fled Iraq during the first Gulf war, travelling to refugee camps in Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Russia before spending a year at the one near Zwolle between 1994 and 1995.
The family eventually settled in London.
Asked on Twitter what she would do if she found her benefactor, she replied: “Honestly I’d cry my eyes out.
“There was so much hardship at that point in our lives and this was such a generous act, it taught me kindness can exist everywhere, no matter how terrible it may seem.”
The tech manager said her mother, who was also given a bike, believes the man was nicknamed “Ab” and he was an odd-job staffer.
He also invited the family to spend one Christmas with him at his home.
Ms Babakar has taken a sabbatical from work to retrace her refugee journey and is in Zwolle carrying out research.
But she said she has had more success with a single Twitter post.
“We have some leads, someone has said they might know him. I would love to meet him and thank him in person.
“It’s quite important for me to find him. When I go through bleak times I always go back to that feeling I had when he was so generous to us.
“Acts of kindness can shape a person and I hope I can do the same for others.”
A man was stabbed to death in a south-west London street by the person he had been walking with, police have said.
Tesfa Campbell, 40, was found by police responding to reports of a fight on Latchmere Road in Battersea on Wednesday. He died in hospital.
Det Ch Insp Simon Harding, from The Met, said it is believed Mr Campbell was walking on Burns Road with another man who stabbed him and fled on foot.
No arrests have been made in connection with his death.
Police found Mr Campbell injured at about 14:45 BST and have appealed for witnesses who were in the area at the time, “particularly” around the nearby Latchmere Leisure Centre.
Det Ch Insp Harding said: “This stabbing happened in broad daylight and we believe there are people out there who can help us establish the facts of the incident.”
A post-mortem examination of Mr Campbell, who was from Croydon, will happen in due course.
Manchester United have reached an agreement with Crystal Palace to sign right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
The deal is worth £50m and the 21-year-old England Under-21 international is set to travel for a medical imminently before going on holiday.
United have offered Wan-Bissaka a long-term contract and wages of up to £80,000 a week.
He is on £10,000 a week at Selhurst Park, the lowest-paid player in Palace’s first-team squad.
Wan-Bissaka joined Crystal Palace academy when he was 11 and made his first-team debut in 2018.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been keen to bolster his squad for the new season and identified Wan-Bissaka as having the youth and speed he is looking for.
The defender had been on England duty at European Under-21 Championship but, after they were knocked out at the group stage, a deal seems set to be swiftly concluded.
If the deal is completed, Wan-Bissaka will be United’s second summer signing, after 21-year-old Wales winger Daniel James joined from Swansea for £15m earlier in June.
A 24-year-old man has been charged with murdering a man who was stabbed in north London.
Baris Kucuk, 33, was stabbed in the leg in the early hours of 1 June in Seven Sisters Road, Haringey. He was taken to hospital, where he died two days later.
Adam Tarik, of Vale Road in north London, has been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
He will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, Scotland Yard said.
A 17-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on June 3 has been released under investigation.
A man has been arrested after a gun was fired outside a mosque in east London during Ramadan prayers.
Police were called to reports of a man with a firearm entering the Seven Kings Masjid in Ilford at 22:45 BST on 9 May.
A 28-year-old man was arrested earlier on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence, possession with intent to supply, and assaulting a police officer.
Evidence suggested the weapon was a blank-firing handgun, police said.
Nobody was hurt in the incident. The arrested man remains in custody.